Explore and learn about some of the world’s most amazing animals through our educational Wolf Watch tours. Upon arrival you can enjoy either a scenic 1/2 mile nature walk from the parking area to the preserve or we have a shuttle bus that can drive you there. Once you are at the preserve you will be invited into the observation area in the center of the preserve. You will be surrounded by 4 different packs of wolves.
Wolf Watch Wolf Watch tours are led by owner Jim Stein and Becky Mace, who have raised and care for all the animals at the preserve. During their presentations you will learn about the social structure of wolf packs, their eating habits, their interaction with man, and many other interesting facts. We will try to educate you about the true behavior of the wolf and will be glad to answer any questions you may have. While in the observation area you will be able to watch the wolves play, interact with each other and maybe even hear them howl! Truly an experience of a lifetime. You will also get to see and learn about our foxes, and bobcat and lynx that live at the preserve. Yes, you can take photos on the wolf watch tour!
- Please know we are not a facility that is open to the public all day. YOU MUST HAVE A RESERVATION FOR A WEEKEND OR WEEKDAY TOUR. You will not be able to see the animals by just stopping in. Reservations can only be made online
- TOUR TIMES : 10:30am & 4:00pm only. You must arrive 1/2 hr early to park & register. Each tour is approximately 75 minutes long
- Pm tour will change to 4pm with daylight savings time change beginning on March 12th
- COST: $15 for adults, $7 for children up to 11 years old, plus tax
- Our shuttle leaves the parking area promptly to start the tour. If you are late, we will not make others wait to hold the tour for you.
- FOR Schools , Scouts and any groups all reservations are done online.
- (all reservations even for groups must be made online)
- In the winter months, please CALL AHEAD to make sure the weather permits us to open. The weather on the mountain changes quickly, and we may have to close day-of due to icy conditions. If we have to close, our answering machine will be updated. If it is not, we are open!
- The preserve is all outdoors, with no shelter from inclement weather. Please dress and plan appropriately (rain coats, umbrellas, sunscreen, closed-toe-shoes, etc).
- We do not allow pets. If you arrive with a pet in your car, you will be asked to leave. They are not permitted to remain in your car while on premises. If you have a service animal, please call us prior to your trip.
- Please know that in the state of New Jersey, it is against the law for the public to have contact with a pure bred wolf.
There is no contact, petting or feeding of the wolves here at Lakota Wolf.
If you believe you saw us at the fairs in NJ, please know it was NOT US. We have never- and will never- take our animals to the fairs in NJ, or to any other events .