Please read the below tour details, in entirety, and visit our FAQ.
Upon arrival, visitors can either enjoy a ½ mile nature walk to the preserve, or grab a ride on our shuttle bus. Once there, you will be invited into an observation area in the center of the preserve, surrounded by 4 packs of wolves. During this informative guided presentation, visitors will learn about the social structure of wolf packs, their eating habits, interactions, and other interesting facts. During this time, you will be able to observe the wolves playing and interacting with each other in natural, wooded habitats. Following the wolf-watch, you will be guided to another area to see and learn about the preserve’s foxes, bobcat, and lynx.
- Please know that we are not open to the public all day. You must have a reservation for weekday, or weekend tours. Unfortunately, you will not be permitted on the property without having a confirmed reservation.
- Our tours are not private, meaning you will be amongst other visitors. That being said, while we love having children visit the preserve, we ask parents to please be mindful of other guests, and remove disruptive or loud children to the back of the group so other guests can continue to enjoy the tour, and so the animals remain visible! We will not tolerate children throwing rocks at the animals, or climbing over rock walls to trample in our gardens. Please be respectful of our space.
- Our tours begin at 10:30am or 4:00pm. You must arrive between 9:30-10am for the morning tour, and 3-3:30pm for the afternoon tour to have time to register, park, and use the restrooms. Beginning November 5th the afternoon tour will move to 3pm with daylight savings. You will need to arrive 2-2:30. The shuttle bus leaves the parking area promptly to start the tour. If you are late, we will not be able to make others wait to hold the tour for you. If you miss the shuttle, you will be considered a ‘no show’, and we will unfortunately be unable to accommodate you.
- Each tour is approximately 75 minutes long.
- The preserve is all outdoors, with no shelter from inclement weather. Please dress and plan appropriately. Closed-toe / flat shoes are suggested, as are sunscreen, rain coats, umbrellas, jackets, etc. Open-back shoes are not permitted on the hiking trail. Our tours are held rain or shine.
- The cost is $15 for adults, and $7 for children up to 11 years old, plus tax.
- Our tours book 3 months in advance. September, October and November are now open for booking.
- If, when booking, you cannot enter the total number of people in your party, this means that the tour is FULLY BOOKED, and you will need to pick another date/time. Please do not book partially, and show up with other guests. We will be unable to accommodate you.
- We have a limited number of spaces on each tour. Once you secure your spot, you have the opportunity to cancel for a refund within 2 weeks of your reservation date, or reschedule up to 48 hrs prior to your reservation date. We cannot accommodate day-of cancellations, or refund/reschedule requests for no-shows. Please remember that we are running a business and rely on visitors to help take care of our animals and keep the preserve running.
- Please know that in the state of New Jersey, contact with purebred wolves is against the law. You will not be permitted to have physical interaction, or feed the animals while visiting.
- Schools, Scouts, and any other large groups must also reserve online.
- In the winter months, please call ahead to make sure the weather permits us to be open. The weather on the mountain changes quickly and we may have to close day of due to icy conditions. If we have to close, our answering machine will be updated. If it is not, we are open!
- We do not allow pets. If you arrive with a pet in your car, you will be asked to leave. We will not permit pets to be left in your car while on premises. If you have a service animal, please call us prior to booking.